Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage, and consumer care brands. We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork, and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organisation.Legal Counsel Europe
Ardagh Group is looking for a new member to join our Group Legal & Compliance team in Europe.
The successful candidate will ensure the prompt delivery of accurate legal advice in the fields of
corporate, contract and general commercial law as well as on compliance and litigation related
matters. We are looking for a generalist who can provide legal advice in various jurisdictions in
different fields of law.
The role can be based in either Dongen, Netherlands or Nienburg, Germany. The job will require regular travel.
- Manage the corporate housekeeping of a number of the group’s European subsidiaries.
- Management of litigation and support in claims handling in the concerned jurisdictions and supervising the external counse.;
- Maintain Group Legal & Compliance databases.
- Support other members of Group Legal & Compliance on corporate and contract matters.
- Legal advice on specific projects including financings.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Dutch or German law degree. An additional degree in a common law jurisdiction is a distinct plus.
- Between 1-3 years of professional work experience in an international environment.
- Legal generalist with capacity to adapt quickly to new fields of law/jurisdictions.
- Fluent in Dutch/German and English (all are working language); additional language skills are a distinct plus.
- Strong intercultural and communication competences to interact with people in different jurisdictions and parts of the business.
- The successful candidate will be reliable, transparent, discreet, persistent, rigorous, thorough, have a sense of humour and can-do attitude.
A truly international role within Group Legal & Compliance Europe working for a dynamic, fast paced, ever changing business which is driven by our obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement and is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence. Ardagh provides the right candidate with the opportunity to grow both personally as well as professionally into an allround, highly skilled and hands on in-house counsel supporting the business in their every need.Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.